On Friday, July 25th at 1:08 p.m., Madison ("Maddie") Emma Sproles was born. I went in for the induction around 7 a.m. My pitocin was started around 9 a.m. When Dr. Shirk checked me around noon, I had not dialated past the 4 cm that I have been for 3-4 weeks. So, he broke my water. I knew the contractions would get intense, but what happened next was not expected. My contractions came on so hard that I dialated from 4 to 9 cm in about 30-40 minutes!!! The main nurse was yelling for the other nurses to get in the room. They were also frantically paging my doctor. He got there just in time.
With Riley, I had time to get an epidural. Not with this one. Yes, I HAD NATURAL CHILDBIRTH!!! Although it was the most painful experience of my life, the results were well worth it. We have a beautiful baby girl that weighs in at 9 lbs and 3 oz!!! She is 21.5 inches long and has beautiful brown hair. Here are a few picts. I will update as time allows.







